Nadia Shpachenko will be performing compositions from her Woman at the New Piano recording in a series of upcoming solo concerts:
- Fresno State University, CA, Fresno, 1/21/15, 8 pm (Fresno New Music Series)
- Valley Christian High School, CA, San Jose, 1/23/15, 1 pm
- California State University, Long Beach, Long Beach, CA, 1/28/15, 8 pm
- California State University, Northridge, Northridge, CA, 2/2/15, 7:30 pm
- Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA, 2/4/15, 4:15 pm
- Biola University, CA, La Mirada, 3/18/15, 12 pm
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, CA, Carson, 3/19/15, 7:30 pm
- Barge Music, Brooklyn, NY, 6/12/15, 8 pm (Here and Now Series)
Woman at the New Piano: American Music of 2013
World Premiere recordings of new works for piano, chamber instruments and electronics from 4 notable modern composers.
Featuring Nadia Shpachenko-Gottesman: piano, percussion; with Genevieve Feiwen Lee: piano, toy piano, electronics
The new works were composed as a celebration of a newly transformed world, for the new 5,125 year cycle of the Mayan Calendar- inspired by the happy fact that the world did NOT end on December 21, 2012 at the end of the previous Mayan Calendar cycle! All the pieces touch on themes of transformation, of resonances across time, of cycles of rebirth.