A New RR Recording
Reinaldo Brahn, vocals & acoustic guitar; Jim Brock, percussion; Tim Gordon, winds; Steve Kim, electric bass; Al Sergel, drums; Mark Stallings, keyboards; Dustin Hofsess, electric guitar; Jon Thornton, trumpet/flugelhorn
Reference Recordings is proud to announce Brasileiro Soul, a Brazilian jazz/pop album from versatile singer/songwriter/guitarist Reinaldo Brahn.
|Reinaldo Brahn during the Recording Sessions|
This collection of fourteen original songs penned by this new artist is rich and complex music, with gorgeous lyrics in Portugese (with one song in English). We think you’ll love the killer band playing with Reinaldo, and the exotic percussion from RR favorite (and album producer) Jim Brock who refers to Reinaldo Brahn as “the new voice of Brasil.” Great sonics from Grammy-winning engineer Keith Johnson!
- Brasileiro Soul is a collection of fourteen original songs penned by Brazilian guitarist and singer Reinaldo Brahn.
- The deep heritage of his guitar style, along with his rich unmistakable voice, makes Brasileiro Soul as provocative as the land that cultivated it.
- Veteran percussionist and producer Jim Brock refers to Reinaldo Brahn as “the new voice of Brasil.”
- Gorgeous lyrics in Portugese (with one song in English).
- Young guitarist Reinaldo Brahn grew up listening to the jazzy samba music of his native Brazil. On Brasilero Soul he weaves that heritage with new Brazilian pop styles.
- He left the renowned Brazilian vocal group Soul Makube to embark on a solo career. Gathering influences from Gilberto Gil, Djavan and Caetano Veloso, Reinaldo began touring his original music throughout Brazil, and then in 2006 brought his music to the United States.
- The sonics from Grammy-winning engineer Keith Johnson will ensure enthusiastic reception by audiophiles and music lovers
- Recorded at venerable Reflection Sound Studios in Charlote, NC, scene of several RR past successes.
Track Listing: Alma de atriz (Soul of an Actress); A Procura da Razão (Search for a Reason); Paisagem Ancorada (Anchored Landscape); Põe o pé na estrada (Sincere Love); Onde Está (Where is It ?); As lagrimas Consolam (Tears Console); Anjo de Julho (Angel of July); So Nos Dois (Two of Us); Toda Mulher (Every Woman); Tarde (Dusk); Out of the Blue; Wondering; No Colla da Serra (In the Lap of the Mountain); Tempo (Time)
Available in HDCD Format AND HRx!
Order RR-124 Securely from ReferenceRecordings.com
Order HR-124 Securely from ReferenceRecordings.com